The opening session << Objects of the Future >> is hosted by Achim Steiner, Administrator of the UNDP, and brings together:
- Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales, the world’s 1st commissioner representing the interests of the future generations at the government level.
- Marcela Sabino is Director of the Lab at the museum of tomorrow in Brazil. The museum curates standing installations of the Museum.
- Faruk Kaymakci is Deputy MFA Minister, Turkish Gov’t and a key supporter of Istanbul Innovation Days. He discuss what innovation and disruption means for the Government and how their relationship with the UN can help further that mission.
- Roman Krznaric takes a long term view and encourages the stewarding assets for future generations. The author discusses deep-time humility and cathedral thinking in his book, ‘The Good Ancestor’.
- Nanjira Sambuli is a researcher, policy analyst, and advocacy strategist who works to understand the intersection of information and communications technology (ICT) adoption with governance, media, entrepreneurship, and culture through a gender lens. She presently holds board positions at Transform Health, the Digital Impact Aliance of the UN Foundation, and Development Gateway.